Monday, May 14, 2012

Wedding dress

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim...

So, today I went out with my best friends. They had initially gathered at my home because we had a "happy circle" with our beloved Prof Harlina. Their stay at my home ended today and before they went back to their hometown, they wanted to go shopping at Jalan TAR.

So, we headed early in the morning to Jalan TAR and as they wanted to look at blouses, my maid-of-honour and I, decided that we would look at different things. My friend wanted to find some fabrics to make herself a shawl and I was just looking around, browsing and taking notes of fabrics that could be useful for my wedding dress.

For wedding dress's fabric, first we went to a shop which was having a 'Sale'. Well, though they are having a sale, the price are not so cheap, mind you. The lace that I was looking at was priced at RM 60/m and the satin was RM 19/m. Hmm... not so cheap, I would say. The chiffon in that shop was not in the quality as I would have expected so we looked in other shops. the price for a meter of plain white chiffon was RM 24.50! I don't know about you guys, but my jaw literally dropped at the price..

We did a rough calculation based on the design of my wedding dress and the amount of fabric needed as told by the tailor

4 1/2 m of satin is around RM 90
1 1/2 m of lace is around RM 120
8 m of chiffon is around RM 200

Total cost of the fabric is RM 410, plus tailoring cost which is RM 280 making the total would-be-expense of my wedding dress is RM 690!!

Oh my, oh my.. so much of wanting to have a low-budget wedding..

Hm.. i guess i may need to keep on looking for fabrics that are much cheaper, or I might need to forget my dream of wearing the wedding dress I wanted.

I wanted to wear a dress that is kinda like a 'jubah' but with a more modern look and suitable for a bride, but still keeping the modesty of the wearer.

I first met my wedding dress, at a boutique just near my neighbouring area. The boutique offers a package of RM 1600 for a new, made-for-me wedding attire for man and woman plus all the accessories (for rent of course), a dais, and make-up. At first I thought that it was a pretty good offer, but my sisters weren't so thrilled. So I decided to have a tailor-made wedding dress. The cost to sew it is RM 280.

I wanted a dress that is sort of like this one..please imagine it with beadings and lace over the arms and lower part of the dress.. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment