Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Of pre-marriage course

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim..


So, today's post is about pre-marriage course. For all Muslims couples living in Malaysia who wish to get married, it is compulsory by law to attend a two-day course organised by the state's religious departments.

For me, this is the 2nd time I've attended the course. My first time was when I was still young, innocent and immature and attending a pre-marriage course would not be a very tempting idea. My first time in the course was not very interesting and needless to say, I was quite skeptical about attending the 2nd time. If it wasn't due to having lost the certificate, I wouldn't have needed to enroll into this course again. So, frankly speaking I registered myself with the sole purpose of getting the certificate and has it done with.

How I enjoyed myself during the 2-day course!

The topics that were discussed in the seminars were very good and important topics and almost all speakers were very fascinating. I particularly like this one speaker and here i wanted to share with you what she said to us. I think, as a bride-to-be (and also groom-to-be) it is a very valuable piece of advice.

Her advise was,

Pray to Allah! pray to Allah?

Yes! Pray to Allah to help you in making wise decisions for your wedding preparations!

Why? What should I pray for?

1) for muslims, it is very important that you take halal food only. Sometimes, we are not sure whether the catering service that we hire, uses halal produces or not, whether they practice business according to the syariah or not. Whether the owner or the people cooking your dishes perform their prayers or not. So we need to pray to Allah to guide us in choosing the best catering service according to His syari'ah. Well, we wouldn't want to serve our guests with un-halal food, right?

2) pray to Allah, to protect you and your fiance from any temptations of the syaitan to do bad things throughout the time you are engaged. It is well known that this period is the most trying period and we need to ask for His guidance and His protection.

3) pray to Allah, to protect you from spending extravagantly in preparing for your wedding. We don't want to be friends with the syaitan. Modesty is the key to receive the blessings from Allah. It is understandable to want to have an exclusive wedding. But spending thousands of ringgit for a one-day ceremony cannot guarantee your happiness for the rest of your marriage. What can guarantee your happiness, inshaAllah is blessing from Him the Almighty. And modesty is the sunnah of the prophet Muhammad s.a.w.

4) pray that your wedding ceremony would not be filled with the types of entertainments that are against the syariah and other types of activities, traditions or acts that are not according to the sunnah and syariah.


Before I attended the seminar, I've never thought about needing to pray to prepare for my wedding. Alhamdulillah, there's a reason I've lost my certificate and had to attend the course again. And one of the reasons is this valuable advice

Alhamdulillah, all praises belong to Allah s.w.t.






3 comments:

  1. Hi Blue Butterfly, I'm really glad to stumble on your blog post because I've been trying to find out about the course and haven't had any luck! I'm a Malaysian Muslim getting married to a Singaporean Muslim in a couple months, and my mum has been telling me I need to take this course (in addition to the one I have to take in Singapore) but I can't find any information about it to confirm that I need to take it and my fiance doesn't! Do you have the contact details for the course administrator so I can email or call to ask? Would really appreciate it if you can help, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam to itsthemenon..
    thank you for reading my blog and congratulations on your upcoming marriage!
    Well, the course that I attended was organised by a company named Mahligai Firdaus. You can call them at 03 4252 2067 / 013 604 6333 to ask regarding your inquiries. Or you could contact your state's religious department to ask. You can easily find their website on the internet nowadays.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi u have wrote a very nice blog..thank you..may I know is there any course in Malaysia that is run in English instead of bhs melayu?

    ReplyDelete