Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My inspiration

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim.. In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful



It has been a looong time since I've been blogging. I thought I've made a vow not to blog anymore but I was inspired to create this blog as to share my experience in creating a wedding that follows the sunnah of my beloved Prophet, Muhammad s.a.w.


Well, to all fellow muslimah bride-to-be, it's not easy to have a wedding that is modest and according to the sunnah. Not with the goings of trends of weddings nowadays..You have to fight a lot of temptations; from within yourself, and from those around you. As a girl, and as many other girls out there, I dreamed of having a lovely wedding, filled with fresh carnations, daisies, gerberas and maybe some roses. I'm not very fond of roses. =). I also dreamed about wearing a beautiful dress, having a professional photographer snapping pictures of my big day. But to have that kind of dream, you need to have a lot of money to spend as well. And I don't have a lot of money, having just graduated from university and currently not working, yet. And I wanted my big day to follow the sunnah of ar-Rasul.


Preparing for my own wedding brought myself to countless hours of searching the internet for ideas. I've read countless bride-to-be's blogs on how they prepare for their own weddings. I had to fight the temptation of having glamorous wedding and it was very difficult for me to find a blog, a bride that tells her story of how she has a very un-traditional, but sunnah-following wedding ceremony. And this has become my inspiration to write this blog, inshaAllah..


My first post for today, is inspired by this picture:



Well, it may looks like a bit too simplified. In preparing for a wedding, there's a lot of things that need to be considered, especially the feelings of your parents and your future parents-in-law. There's a lot of feelings, opinions and wishes to be respected and not only your own. However, I believe that communication is vital in solving a lot of problems in this kind of situations. For those brides, or grooms who wishes to have a modest ceremony but are fought against by your own parents, you can express your wishes to your parents but first you need to be equipped. Equipped with knowledge. Do what my friend did; she bought and read a book entitled "Walimah yang Sunnah" and equipped herself with knowledge to make her case to her parents.


A marriage is something sacred. A tie, a bond that is cherished by Allah s.w.t. There's a lot of rewards being promised by Him through marriage. But if the first footstep that you've taken to enter it has been tarnished with wrongdoings, how could you guarantee that Allah will help your marriage afterwards. As Mufti Menk put it (as taken from his facebook status);


Lavish weddings where much money is splashed, extravagance is clear, religious rules are blatantly disregarded, the poor are not invited and people forget that it is meant to be a sacred union and a gift of the Almighty, cannot bear much blessings and can even return to haunt the families later on.

The most blessed of all weddings are those full of simplicity where religious rules are given prime importance and the whole function considered a spiritually filled celebration of a sacred gift of the Almighty.

The type of seed sown is determined by the type of wedding we have. How can we expect to reap beneficial fruit when we chose to sow the seeds of cactus?

The sad reality is that people incur debts to hire lavish venues in order to live up to the Jones. They then suffer paying back whilst the food has long been digested, the function outdone by another and at times the divorce already taken place.

Remember, you can never achieve pleasure through the displeasure of the Owner of eternal Pleasure.

The Almighty, who gave us this day of happiness will indeed be unhappy if we choose to express our happiness through sin.

Let us seriously take heed for the future and repent for what has passed by.



We need to remember, that although we respect and love our parents, our love and respect for them should never outweigh our love, respect and loyalty towards Allah s.w.t. My creator and your creator. So, we should bid by His laws first before we decide to follow the ceremonial traditions that are against the Syari'ah.

Pray that my future journey will still follow the Prophet's way, InshaAllah..

No comments:

Post a Comment